This Elderflower gin spritz is inspired by the Hugo, an Italian cocktail or appertivo rather that’s popular in North Italy. It’s so easy to make but incredibly refreshing. It’s goes down almost too easily so drink with caution! If you don’t have access to Fever Tree Elderflower tonic, you can always replace with Elderflower cordial or Elderflower liqueur. If using Elderflower cordial then dilute with water and add in the same amount. But if you’re using Elderflower liqueur then just use 30ml/3cc or 1oz of the liqueur.
- 1 large block of ice
- 30ml (3cc) or 1oz gin
- 100ml or 3.5oz prosecco
- 100ml or 3.5oz elderflower tonic
- Lime wedge, for garnish
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Add large block of ice to your glass.
- Add the gin, prosecco and elderflower tonic.
- Gently stir so you don't agitate the bubbles too much.
- Garnish with lime wedge and mint leaves.
If you don't have elderflower tonic, you can use elderflower cordial or elderflower liqueur.